Novel beer bottle opener

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever been stuck without an opener?

I thought you knew me better than that. I travel with this right next to my credit cards:
opener.jpg

I'm going to try the paper opener tonight. It will add to my survival skills and should be fun to show at parties.

I have opened beer bottles with everything imaginable. From side cutters to door hinges of cars.;lol

Likewise, from belt buckles to keys, but I've never tried it with something seemingly fragile like paper. If it works it will be a neat trick.

So...I know it's been years since I had a beer, but last I remembered you could wrench them off them with your hand. You can't do that anymore?

Many of the good beers are not twist off capped.
Well, that certainly tells you about my drinking career...;em

I'll be trying some alder smoked porter tonight, with a screw top, on a growler.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
It's dark, but not too heavy or bitter. This brew has a nice chocolate flavor and a subtle smoky aroma.

growler??? i do not know this...unless you mean a dog, and then I just dont get it.

Growler is a large bottle usually 1/2 gallon on up. It has a seal, sometimes just a screw on top, sometimes a flippy top. A staple of beer brewers and people who like to bring home some brewski from micro-brews. Think "big boy bottle"

ah! thank you sir. all this learning has made me thirsty......

I am gonna try this trick tomorrow...I get a free newspaper every morning with my coffee....
I can't remember the last time I had a beer that had a "twist off" cap....;hm
Usually the really good ones don't have twist off caps....
Just say'in...==c

I'm always teasing my wife when I look for the opener and in haste I put the cap inbetween my teeth as if to crack it open using a couple of molars. Someday she is actually gonna hit me.

Very nice. That looks like a place I'd like to hang out in for awhile.

It is one of several regular stops when we go shopping outside of tourist season. Shortly that area will be jammed with "tourists" and will be an impediment to traffic even here.

Status
Not open for further replies.