Now that we have On Demand - What about On Command? what do u do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
The delivery of On Demand is a longer wait! So now they have On Command for the On Demand!
On Command is the recirculating pump that you put under the sink with the special motion sensor so when you are near it goes into action and brings up the hot water in the hot water pipe by dumping the water in the cold water pipe so no water is wasted and the water is nice and hot as soon as you turn on the faucet!
Taco makes a good pump for over $400 and the special motion sensor for under $100!
That costs as much as my big On Deman Panel!!
What about a cheap under sink On Demand? Would that do what the On Command does?
See
On Command
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KX8PP5E/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Special Motion sensor for On Command
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00562ORDI/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Last edited:
Looks like a hot water waster to me.
It actually saves water because instead of running the hot water faucet with water going down the drain until the water is warm, it puts the water into the cold water line instead.
Since it starts as soon as it senses a user coming into the bathroom it turns on. Therefore after toilet use the water is piping hot the instant the user turns it on. :) pretty slick???
They say it saves 10,000 gallons per year!

Saves cold water maybe. But wastes hot water. Or rather wastes the heat. It would circulate whenever someone comes in the room whether they are going to use hot water or not?

Saves cold water maybe. But wastes hot water. Or rather wastes the heat. It would circulate whenever someone comes in the room whether they are going to use hot water or not?
That is true but you can install a push button to start it going so it would only work if you intended to use hot water. :)

Agreed with maple, I can see this thing costing you money in the long run....maybe if you lived in Arizona or somewhere with expensive water it would save you some money but I live in the north east where water costs next to nothing. Now hot water isnt so cheap and this is wasting that.

Last edited:
I never thought washing hands with cold water put me out any. *shrug* at least never enough to spend $500.

Maybe I'd put it in if my wife harped on it for a while, and then threatened to...

I never thought washing hands with cold water put me out any. *shrug* at least never enough to spend $500.

Maybe I'd put it in if my wife harped on it for a while, and then threatened to...

I don't think I ever turn on the hot water tap at a sink. I just turn the cold on and get it over with. I would be done anyway if I turned the hot on & waited. So I guess that is my green thing I do. :confused:

(Well, yes I do turn on a hot at a sink sometimes. In the kitchen, if I have some dishes to wash. Which isn't all that often).

Also not sure that a tap running into and down a sink momentarily is actually 'wasting' water? It comes out of the ground on one side of my house, then goes back into the ground on the other side. So there's that too.

Attachments

• 68F658CE-BB77-4D18-B1CE-3780BC9D99EA.png
    68F658CE-BB77-4D18-B1CE-3780BC9D99EA.png
    168 KB · Views: 137