Now the Lawn Tractor Won't Start ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sub Compacts with hydra will mow in reverse.

Huh? Homeowners on zero turns throw one lever into reverse at every turn. Pros generally do K-turns, to avoid turf tearing with wide rear tires, and so are throwing BOTH levers into reverse at every turn.

My commercial Deere 757 ZTrak has only one safety switch, can't get off seat for more than 2 seconds with mower deck running.

Wouldn't that require 2 switches - one for the seat & one for the PTO?

Since you want to try and be technical, did I say anything about levers, or did I say "backing up". There is a difference, and I'm well aware how zero turns, "turn". Anymore Huh?
Not being just trying to be technical. Point is, folks do back up on zero turns, and you don't have to look far to find stories of people being backed into or over by them. I back up far more frequently when mowing on my zero turn, than I ever did on my tractor with mower deck.

Wouldn't that require 2 switches - one for the seat & one for the PTO?
Electric PTO switch activates seat safety switch circuit. So, I guess if you want to call out the switch that turns on the PTO...

There are actually several switches on the mower, to prevent things such as engaging parking brake when hydro drives are live, but only the seat switch is specifically called a "safety" switch. The rest are there to prevent damage to the machine, not you.

Just don't ever stand next to a 4,300 pound tractor and use your hand to defeat the clutch switch to start it when you forgot that you left it in gear. Don't ask. Caught it and got in the saddle and the rear tire didn't run over my foot. ;em

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.