Now This is how you process FIREWOOD.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPLUMB

Aug 18, 2006
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeanPDO-D6M&feature=player_embedded#t=44[/youtube]

You who? Not the way I process firewood. For the price of that attachment, never mind the price of the Bobcat, I would buy a Chomper.

http://www.chomper.net/

Just thought SOMEONE on here would enjoy seeing it. It might be new to some people.

IPLUMB said:
Just thought SOMEONE on here would enjoy seeing it. It might be new to some people.
That Bobcat attachment has been posted here probably a dozen times but I suppose everything old is new again (to someone). Friends that know I split my own wood feel compelled to email me a link to that video too.

From a cost perspective, I'm not impressed.

LLigetfa said:
IPLUMB said:
That Bobcat attachment has been posted here probably a dozen times but I suppose everything old is new again (to someone). Friends that know I split my own wood feel compelled to email me a link to that video too.

From a cost perspective, I'm not impressed.
O how much are they??

I haven't asked for a quote but I heard they are around $24k without the skidsteer.

LLigetfa said:
I haven't asked for a quote but I heard they are around $24k without the skidsteer.
I actually found who makes it and posted a link and a price on one of the other threads about this attachment. If memory serves you are very close to the correct price.

Hmm, let's see. I could have 200 cords of split wood delivered to my home for the cost of the attachment. Oh, I need the skidsteer too. Let's say 400 cords. That's about a 56 year supply of wood. I'm 60, so that would last me until age 116. Maybe after that I'll look into one of these. Rick

fossil said:
Hmm, let's see. I could have 200 cords of split wood delivered to my home for the cost of the attachment. Oh, I need the skidsteer too. Let's say 400 cords. That's about a 56 year supply of wood. I'm 60, so that would last me until age 116. Maybe after that I'll look into one of these. Rick
LOL

Reality of costs aside, yeah, it made me go gaga ooooooooooooooooooooh seein' what quick work it made of cuting and splitting the wood. I haven't seen that video, thanks for posting.................

I can't afford to save that much money!

LLigetfa said:
You who? Not the way I process firewood. For the price of that attachment, never mind the price of the Bobcat, I would buy a Chomper.

http://www.chomper.net/

I'd like to see one of these up close. It's been my favorite choice. Got 2 other buddies that burn wood. Combined we go thru about 30 cord a year. Over a few brews, thought one of these would be good to time share. But.......common sense prevails. If you maintained it properly, probably get it to pay for itself doing a few select jobs over the years.

flyingcow said:
Got 2 other buddies that burn wood. Combined we go thru about 30 cord a year. Over a few brews, thought one of these would be good to time share. But.......common sense prevails. If you maintained it properly, probably get it to pay for itself doing a few select jobs over the years.

Something like

http://www.timberwolfcorp.com/log_splitters/default.asp?id=12

makes a lot of firewood for a lot less money. I've watched some pretty big rounds go through the 6 way and it seems to do a pretty good job with them. I have seen the smaller units with the 4 ways available used, but never a 6 way.

Status
Not open for further replies.