OAK drama...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i could lift 300+ lbs myself, this thing would have been shot through the window tonight.

Stove chunkin! ... we could figure it out!

If the dealer is located in Plantsville I will come help you "return" it!!

rofl, how'd you know? yeah.... i haven't had a good time with them. It is what it is at this point. I just wish another dealer would take me on even though i didn't buy though them. no one seems to want my business.

I bought my glo-king from them....they are about the sale and that's it. I 'm not surprised to hear things haven't changed. I dealt with Dean himself and was no better. I even got his delivery truck lettered for cheap...didnt matter! The glass cracked on the front of my stove..defect. They were calling about it for weeks..no luck "but we are working on it". I looked up the manufactuers info myself. I found out it was a "steel manufacturing company" that made my stove. They had stopped making them for awhile! I thought I was screwed!!!!
I called the company and was told they didn't make/support them anymore but I could leave a message. Before the end of the day the former manager of that division called me. He asked about the stove and said he would see what he could do. The next day he shipped me a piece of glass (I think they were in Oregon).

I was pissed.:mad: I was a consumer and I didn't have contacts yet I resolved the problem in a couple of days! They had been "working on it" for over a month! Yeah right!!
I would try to call Lennox yourself and explain the situation. Write down your contacts with the dealer and how they handled things.Ask Lennox or dealer if they have a tracking number for your problem/claim. Let lennox know that you like the product but the dealer experience is subpar.

I would also call Palace in Torrington (not sure how they are) and say you made a mistake going to current dealer. Ask if they can help you out or even put you in contact with regional rep or something.

Just realized that you are talking with lennox.....Make sure they are aware that dealer wasn't helpful multiple times.

I sent an email on fri to palace.... and no reply. Canton won't do anything for me because they don't sell Lennox. No word from lennox yet. Ill give them a few days to see what happens

If the stove was missing the part? Then I would think that the Manufacturer is responsible??

A good dealer may do something? But if he received it that way, then they couldn't be held responsible. Unless they knowingly sent it out without that piece? Someone needed it, so it was removed from an in stock model?

Either way, I would think that it should be resolved/replaced.

I'm not sure if it was ever in the box or not.... they kinda built it IN the box truck. I never really saw the unboxing or putting together. One guy did the chiminey/roof work while the ther guy put the door/etc on. I was more concerned with watching the guy running the pipe than watching the guy turning screws. Perhaps I should have done the opposite but logic of a n00b dictated otherwise.

I'm going to give lennox a couple more days to get back to me.
Frankly, i'm in no position with time to get anything hooked up until after the holidays anyway even if i had the part in hand today, so i can wait a bit.

What are the actual dimensions?

Height, width, etc? It doesn't seem as if its a completely sealed unit. So maybe it could be built in several sections and some high temp silicone used to seal the gaps?

don't know.

i'm sure it CAN be built.... but i don't have the tools or skill to do it.

don't know.

i'm sure it CAN be built.... but i don't have the tools or skill to do it.

Sure ya do. If I can, anyone can. Just keep lots of band aid's handy when workin with tin!

Tools can be as simple as tin snips and a dremel tool. 2x4 and a vice can be the brake to bend it. It only needs to be light tin, 18 ga ought to do and is easier to bend/cut.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Sure ya do. If I can, anyone can. Just keep lots of band aid's handy when workin with tin!

Tools can be as simple as tin snips and a dremel tool. 2x4 and a vice can be the brake to bend it. It only needs to be light tin, 18 ga ought to do and is easier to bend/cut.

The guy saying it is simple can likely fab up a thermonuclear reactor from a picture of one.

Reactions: Eatonpcat

I was thinking the same thing.

Its so easy. That maybe a Forum member could almost make one and Ship it for next to nothing. Just sayin ;)

A few simple pics with some measurements and it could be assembled at your house. It may be in several different pieces for shipping purposes.

Some people here are good with wood, some have green thumbs, some are tech savvy, and some are good with metal.

Maybe someone could/would make it? Or at least guide you down that path. As Jay said, it takes simple tools and very light gauge material.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
i'll do one better --- Free beer, pizza, and $50 to anyone who wants to spend a weekend with me :D

I'm 5 min from BT on the bristol/burlington line

Your giving me way too much credit! My favorite tool is a BFH! :(

I happen to have seen pictures of your "tin" work, looked like it did the job, my favorite tool is a 7 foot long pry bar, you can move a lot of stuff with one.

I'm in Winsted. But I don't thnk ya need me really. I took a better gander at the pic's you posted and me thinx you can get away with 2 of these thingies(don't know where ya'd get em though) Economy_Flange__71448_zoom.jpg and some flexable duct.

The pipe out itself is an entire different ball game. I still need to decide if i'm going out the brick to the covered deck, or up the chimney and down and out. But that might be too long, and harder. But cutting bricks out of a chimeny scares the hell out of me.

Then, is all that worth it if i have a hacked up flexible tin pipe that doesn't even really seal right on the intake anyway?

I think if i'm going to do this, i'm going to do it right with the actual part.

I'm still waiting to hear back from lennox. they want more pictures for some reason (i'm questioning their ability to get this already) so i'll have to take those tonight.

honestly, I dont think that piece comes with the stove. I dont recall ever seeing that on any Winslow Insert I've worked on (not that I was making any effort to find one). I can find no part number for an intake flange. None of the other techs I work with think they've seen one on a winslow either.

honestly, I dont think that piece comes with the stove. I dont recall ever seeing that on any Winslow Insert I've worked on (not that I was making any effort to find one). I can find no part number for an intake flange. None of the other techs I work with think they've seen one on a winslow either.
If it doesn't come with it, surely they should have a part number for it to buy it optionally, no?

or where did ezsteve get his? lol

I also don't think the second photo posted is the same stove IMHO. Looks totally different. I bet the inset is like the quads where they connect the oak actually isn't a complete connection to the unit.

A simple 3 sided rectangle(with a slight jog) could be fabbed to connect the flange and the opening. But again not totally air tight without some goo or tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.