Oak rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a buddy with acres of osage and i still haven't an effort to get any. I know how good it is but have been leery of splitting it. The new splitter changes that.
It can be as easy to split as locust, but often is crooked or has "wind", (pronouced like wind up in baseball). This refers to spiral grain growth, sometimes like a twizzler.. If it is slight it is called "snakey" in the woodworking word. Shavings from a drawknife or splitter trash are amazing kindling.

Go get it, just mind the thorns and have a sharp chain, it is awesome firewood

I went swimming in a the comal river in Texas a week ago. Burning wood in South central Texas, ha!

Absolutely. We were not at all sure there'd be any call for wood heat when we moved to this climate, but we figured out the first winter we were here that we definitely wanted it. It was during our third winter that the stove insert was installed, and it has made such a difference to our indoor comfort and our utility bills. We love it.

Here's what my kids did while I was finishing the cooking the tomato soup for lunch:

C24BEECF-EF37-4CB9-B3F5-FBFA671F0860.jpeg
Probably one of the few contexts in which one can use "Texas-sized" as a synonym for "small."