Obscene Quadrafire part prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFoley772

Dec 3, 2013
Norristown, PA
I have the Isle Royale model. While trying to loosen nut to adjust door handle angle I broke off the nut and bolt that hold the cam latch. (Door handle is at 8:00; I want it at 6:00 when doors are closed, looks better.)

Dealer quoted price of $46.00 for replacement door handle shaft. See 13.2. This is essentially a bolt.
The entire handle replacement kit (13.2 thru 13.5) is $126.00. Even worse, it does not come with the 3/8"x16 nut that holds the cam latch (13.5) on the bolt, dealer told me to buy the nut separately at hardware store.

When I questioned the reason for the outrageous prices the dealer said she couldn't explain them, they are set by Quadrafire. I asked how long until parts arrived, she told me 21 days. Today is the first day of spring, are they really that busy? I told dealer I will try to figure out a cheaper faster way to fix it, it's going to take a lot to get me to pay $46 for a bolt.

I know they also charge obscene prices for other parts, e.g., firebrick and ceramic board. I do not like being at the mercy of greedy company management who hide behind their dealers. I like my Isle Royale but I am disliking Quadrafire.

Screenshot (2).png

Oh boy. That's rotten. I have the Cumberland Gap. I was going to replace the firebrick with some generic stuff at the hardware store and cut it to size. Will that work?

you can get the correct fire brick online much cheaper than you can get them from quad or any of the stove manufacturers for that matter. The regular brick from the hardware store will work in a pinch but they don't insulate nearly as well and it changes the clearance requirements because of that. But yes stove parts are over priced quad seems to be worse than some but they are all over priced.

I have the Isle Royale model. While trying to loosen nut to adjust door handle angle I broke off the nut and bolt that hold the cam latch. (Door handle is at 8:00; I want it at 6:00 when doors are closed, looks better.)

I know they also charge obscene prices for other parts, e.g., firebrick and ceramic board. I do not like being at the mercy of greedy company management who hide behind their dealers. I like my Isle Royale but I am disliking Quadrafire.

View attachment 130113

Agree that stove parts prices are inflated for what you get . Was your door handle always at 8:00? Never thought about it before but looked and mine is at 6:30 when the door is closed. I haven't needed to pay for any parts other than the stupid firebrick in the back with the holes through it. The dealer was able to have it mailed directly to me from Quad, so it didn't take a long time but it was expensive.

you can also cut those holes with a standard hole saw. They do dull the saw pretty quick bet it is still cheaper than buying them from the stove manufacturer

I bought some insulated firebrick at a local stove dealer for $6/brick. I used a masonry drill to make the air holes. Not perfectly round but so what, works fine. Take that, Quadrafire. Make sure you get insulated firebrick or stove won't burn right. Insulated brick is much lighter in weight.

Sorry, that's not the right door handle.

Yes, handle was always at 8:00. Don't know why.

Quadra fire uses Pumice firebrick.

I've bought Quad parts from these guys. http://www.blackswanhome.com Still overpriced but their markup was the lowest that I could find. The latch for my 4100 was $26 vs. $37 elsewhere. You'll need to know the part number because they offer zero customer assistance.

I imagine that a lot of that cost is shipping charges plus dealer markup.
"When I questioned the reason for the outrageous prices the dealer said she couldn't explain them, they are set by Quadrafire"
Tell the dealer that price fixing by mfg is illegal.

I imagine that a lot of that cost is shipping charges plus dealer markup.
"When I questioned the reason for the outrageous prices the dealer said she couldn't explain them, they are set by Quadrafire"
Tell the dealer that price fixing by mfg is illegal.
Hmmm...I hadn't thought of that.

Tell the dealer that price fixing by mfg is illegal
well yes it is but the manufacturer ca set the msrp now the dealer can charge less than that but most wont the dealers usually don't make that much on the parts anyway. Stove companies just charge allot

Status
Not open for further replies.