Quadrafire 3100 how to remove the handle...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pmsfarmer

Sep 4, 2017
Minnesota
Every year I tighten the nut that holds the handle/latch on the door to maintain a good gasket/door/handle seal. It a keyed bolt. The heat/cooling over a period of years seized the key in the groove. The only way I can get it freed up is to take the door off and take it to a repair shop where they heat it with a torch until it freed up.

Seems like a bad patent.

Any ideas a homeowner could use to accomplish the same?

Every year I tighten the nut that holds the handle/latch on the door to maintain a good gasket/door/handle seal. It a keyed bolt. The heat/cooling over a period of years seized the key in the groove. The only way I can get it freed up is to take the door off and take it to a repair shop where they heat it with a torch until it freed up.

Seems like a bad patent.

Any ideas a homeowner could use to accomplish the same?
Take the nut off soak it with pb blaster then put a regular nut on to protect the treads and tap it lightly. That will usually free them up