Oct. Issue of Popular Mechanics has a (Lopi Leyden) pellet stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just received my Oct. issue, and they installed a Lopi Leyden in the "DIY Home" section (P.93). In a nutshell, they extolled the virtues of having a second means of heating a home (choices) besides oil or gas, depending the prevailing price for different fuels. They also stated that outside air should be included.

Pelletsales.com was quoted, and also mention was made of the "sooty black eye" the pellet industry got last few winters for running short on pellets, but it was stated that improved logistics and production have solved that problem. No mention that I can remember about the stove manufacturers backlog of stove orders.

Also mentioned was the Tax credit for biomass stoves, and also that anyone who considers one must realize that they do require some maintenance.

All in all, a nice article for someone that knows little of what a pellet stove does and how it works.

PM is good for stuff like that, it is the only non aviation mag I get (my living and mania, airplanes, besides my hobby which is small boats) considering the readership of PM I bet a ton of stoves get installed from that article.

Do the editors of PM NOT READ Consumers Reports, the magazine that NOT RECOMMENDED the Lopi????

What is happening to the PM magazine I have always respected. Have they lost all of their values??

Oh, Wait, I have a Lopi that I am very happy with!!

My sarcasm for the day . . . .At least for the morning.

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.