Official Connecticut Firewood Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
One time I had called DOT for wood left on the side of Rt.7, and was told "After 10 days, take what you want", but I would recommend making the call yourself to be sure. While on the phone, ask where do they take it ?....may lead to a mother lode.

Big mistake "asking". Beside a public highway is public.
Bureaucrats always say "no". It's in their DNA as a CYA.

I’m hearing tornado touch down in the Brookfield/Southbury area and lots of trees down. Hope everyone is safe. Get some storm scrounges!

I’m hearing tornado touch down in the Brookfield/Southbury area and lots of trees down. Hope everyone is safe. Get some storm scrounges!
Exactly what I was thinking. Good luck scrounging

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Was at my Nephews house yesterday removing a tree from his car and house. We did cut it up into nice sizes and I told him to leave by the road and it will be gone, as for me, I've got my own mess to clear. He has quite a bit of trees in his back yard, might be easier to keep that for himself rather than drag to the front of the house (he has a small fir pit).....yes, plenty of scrounging to be had in Brookfield....if you can get thru.

Craigslist is loaded with free wood right now from those storms/tornadoes a few weeks ago. There were tree companies literally begging people to let them drop off wood as they had nowhere to put it. I even saw an ad from a tree company for free split green wood delivered.