Ok, here we go again...or get your pellets now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ossy

Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2008
Central Maine
Interesting article on oil prices:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jun/10/oil-market-reserves

Although I do question if it will hit that high since it would damage the world economy and therefore keep the price in check. I do believe we will see $3 gas/oil prices by the end of the year so stalk up now. I think whats driving it is the fact that the dollar is beginning to loose its "value" and the fear of inflation. Since oil is traded in dollars, it will cost more $ to buy it on the open market.

With that being said, the importance of other forms of fuel such as pellets will only grow. I think I will get 1-2 more tonnes just to be safe.

Ossy

PS: Web, feel free to move this over to the Ash Can forum...seems that no one can post a new topic there.

Makes me feel a little better about the $275/ton I just paid for 6 tons of pellets.

This mornings world news reported oil at $72 a barrel and that it was over-valued in the current economy. They stated it should peak soon and drop back to around $40. Who knows?
Mike -

Status
Not open for further replies.