Ok, so it is ALMOST in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozarkjeep

Nov 6, 2006
Im lacking a collar, or something, to go between the stove, and new stainless liner.

DAMN this thing is heavy, sans firebrick, doors, all trim, outer panels, and ash tray, it was all my freind and I could do to carry it around the back of the house, and into the bottom floor.

it has to be 250 lb plus stripped.

my back hurts!

hope to be warm soon.

you can seem my home brewed rear mount electrical cord, and the new stainless liner hanging down in the pics.

Attachments

• si-1.jpg
    si-1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 292
  • si-2.jpg
    si-2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 284
  • si-3.jpg
    si-3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 273
we debated going to borrow a 2-wheeler ( dolley), but decided we could forgo the 20 minute round trip, and just be "men"

Men with sore backs and hands, and feeling VERY aged as it turns out.

Im really hoping it heats the house.

Previous owner just had glass doors and burned wood, and said it heated the house well.
I think this should work.

DonCT said:
Looks like it's coming along. That big boy ought to heat real nice!!! :)

I hear ya about the weight. My Heritage is 475 :wow:

DonCT said:
Be safe lifting it up onto the hearth!!!!

Bend and twist right?

:)

I dread making that final connection and sliding it back, its tough to get hands in there to screw the stuff together.

IM actually amazed at the lack of technilogical advancement in the flu/chimney plumbing and connections.

slide together, and screw it in place.

its not even as well engineered as LEGOS

I guess it works, it just seems 100 or so years behind the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.