Okanagans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okanagans from CT pellet were $240.00 ton this Spring.

I bought 5.2 tons this Spring, mainly because I have enough to do in the Fall as it is, and I didn't want to have to spend anytime fooling around with pellets.

There didn't seem to be any consensus as to which way the price would go, so I took a chance. They were $290.00 last time I checked.

I hope they work as well as the 10 bags I trialed, 'cause I've got a lot of them. So far they are the only pellet I have used that burn so hot on low, that may convection fan never cycles on and off. I had NEWP that put out so little heat that the convection fan would cycle on and off with the feed rate set at medium low.

Cat pee smell would be Cottonwood.

They must a batch of sawdust every now and then with some cottonwood in it.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Checkthisout said:
Cat pee smell would be Cottonwood.

They must a batch of sawdust every now and then with some cottonwood in it.

Skunk spruce.

Good call. Forgot about White Spruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.