Old Englander 25-PDV (12/1992)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Numbcoffee can you post a picture of the front of your stove and then a pic of the burn pot the plate sits on?

Thanks so much for the help with this, I am curious to see what we can do as yesterday its performance wasn't the best, then I realized that the pellets from Michigan Wood Fuels were probably the culprit as Propellets were much better.

I am in the office at the moment but do have some pictures that will hopefully help, until I can get home. The first is the serial tag on the side and the other is the best I can do, from an auction site but very similar. The plate on the left goes down further hiding the exhaust chute but mounts on the tubes, the plate on the right is the same and then there is a trapezoid shaped plate on the top with a diagonal plate on it.

Very different to the more modern ones.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20191215_164643253 (1).jpg
    IMG_20191215_164643253 (1).jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 121
I have never had the opportunity to play with one of your vintage so I would be guessing on hole placement and size. I went through 5 plates on my first pdvc (the lil brother to yours) before i found an optimal placement and hole size. So i would say try opening up 3-4 holes one drill bit size where the fire is centered on the plate when it is running and see how that affects the burn

Reactions: Smokinbubba