Old Fisher Stove details

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoop22

Feb 10, 2014
WV
We just purchased a house that has an old Fisher stove. I don't know the model so I'm hoping someone here will recognize it.

Also, I eventually want to get a newer, more efficient, smaller stove and am thinking about selling this. Any idea what a good price for this would be? It appears to be in good shape...just needs a good cleaning and maybe some paint.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 381
Fireplace Series (double door stoves)
Grandma Bear ; takes up to 20 inch log and uses 5 bricks across back. Heats up to 1750.
Grandpa Bear ; takes up to 24 inch log and uses 6 bricks across back. Heats up to 2250.
Flat top doors were painted black, cast iron. They are pre 1980.
Arched top doors (Cathedral Style) are after 1979. They were available black, nickel plate, brass plate, and later brass and glass.

Fisher Fireplace Insert ( it's not a "stove" )
https://www.hearth.com/images/uploads/fishinsertmanual.pdf

Notice there is no step top or legs (or flue collar) 930 dreamer.

Value is whatever you and buyer agree upon. Brass or nickel plated or glass door models draw a premium.

Keep in mind the heat shield for mantel protection, damper, damper rod and brackets have been removed as well as lever or chain to operate damper depending on model year.
Complete Insert pictured below with lever and hearth opening block off plate;

Insert w blower side.jpg Insert Front 10-28-80.jpg

No problem, I just gave him the "scoop".
Actually, it's not "old" by Fisher standards. It's a later, newer model with all the improvements started in 1980 over the "older" stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.