Old Heritage - which model is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarloafer

Nov 18, 2008
maine
Hi all...

Can anyone tell me more about this stove? It's a Hearthstone Heritage of earlier vintage. I haven't had a chance to see it in person (to check out its guts) but before I make the drive I wonder what differences there are between this earlier model and the current Heritage. For example, is this model EPA certified? I'm told it's less than 10 years old, which would indicate that it does meet low emission standards. But is it (less than 10 years old)? I can see that the doors are different from the current Heritage (and a bit funky looking). I'm really interested to know about the performance and function of this model. I recall seeing reference to issues with older Heritage's in other posts, but couldn't put my finger on any now that that's what I'm actually looking for.

OldHeritage1.jpg
OldHeritage2.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Looks a little older than 10 year to me, maybe a Hearthstone II? Ask them if there is a metal tag on the back with a serial number. Then call Hearthstone with the number and see what they can tell you about the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.