Old Jotul 602 rebuild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Extractor

Sep 16, 2016
Western Co
Hi, all this is my first stove, but not the first one Ive used. It is the old model I think, there is 73 on the inside of the side castings.
I tore the entire stove apart to re seal it. I bought 2 tube for a caulk gun of rutland stove cement for it, will that be enough? Correct material? Are there any improvements I should make? The side liners are cracked and there is no back liner and the back is not cracked. The front panel is broken in half side to side. Are all the 602 front frames interchangeable? I am a machinist / welder but if I cant get it welded I will need a new front.

Thanks for any help!

There is usually a seller on Ebay that is selling parts for a 602. Most folks buy new liner plates from any number of suppliers.

One tube of stove cement will be plenty. The seams are relatively short. Woodmans Parts Plus sells the side liners. There is no back liner for this stove. What shape is the baffle in? It needs to fit snugly in back for a good seal and should not be warped.

The front should be interchangeable with another F602, but not sure if it will with an F602N or F602CB. Ask a Jotul dealer or maybe @stovelark would know?

HI BG and guys- need to id it its a newer CB 602 or not. Does the door have a solid cast with a spin dial at bottom?? if so, older. 602 CB will have sec air chamber in top of it too to help id it. Woodman's parts plus has older Jotul stove parts and of course if its a newer 602, your jotul dealer will be able to get those. On interchanging fronts, physically I think they would fit, but technically of course, you should not be mixing parts between the stoves.....

I put a new factory back on our old 602 many years ago. The local dealer ordered one from the Maine supply house. Amazingly they had one in the same cranberry red color! One year later a house sitter overfired the stove and cracked the back again! It was a hairline crack so I stabilized it and the had a rear interior shield cut and put it in. The stove has been fine since and the back now stays much cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.