Old LOPI wood stove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marcarosato

Oct 19, 2021
Sicklerville, NJ
Hello all. I’m new to the forum. I’m hoping someone might be able to help me identify this LOPI wood stove insert in the house my wife and I bought last year. I had the chimney cleaned and inspected in September and it’s good to go for this winters use.

Thanks!

-Marc

image.jpg

It would help to see the inside baffle area for an ID.

Was the cracked glass replaced? It really should be before burning.

A pic of the brick pattern would help as well could be a X. LX, or Fl. I believe they ere some changes with in those models as well though the years.

Thanks for your help. Here’s a pic of the inside baffle and brick pattern. I haven’t used it yet because I still need to get the cracked glass replaced. It looks like I’m also missing one of the screws holding in the glass frame.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I think this is a circa 1986 FL. If it is, the baffle bricks look like they are missing. You can find the manual here.:

I think this is a circa 1986 FL. If it is, the baffle bricks look like they are missing. You can find the manual here.:
Thank you for your help! Wow, it is starting sound like I REALLY can’t use this wood stove then huh? :(

Not sure what your goal is if its full time heating I personally would look for something newer. Also what does your chimney look like full length liner?

Honestly for now I’d just like to be able to use it occasionally until we scrounge up enough to replace it with a newer unit.
I don't see any reason you can't replace the baffle and glass and use it. If the baffle is like my 520's it is just an angle iron frame with fire brick that can be taken out to clean flue.

Honestly for now I’d just like to be able to use it occasionally until we scrounge up enough to replace it with a newer unit.
Have the installation inspected by a qualified, certified chimney sweep to determine whether it is safe to burn. The sweep will inspect for several safety issues that we can't see here and will assert that the insert is connected to a stainless liner that is clean and ready.