One cord down...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just over 1cord so far! Doing much better with the heatmax compared to my old hotblast.

Probably a little less than a cord so far....

I'm also running 100% wood heat have only run my forced air electric furnace for one day this year just to make sure it still works

Reactions: TheBigIron
Somewhere between 1.25 - 1.5 cords. been burning since second week of Nov. have four more ready and others if needed (let's hope not).

Reactions: D8Chumley
I will have to go look...been moving stacks around so not totally sure. My guess would be 3/4-1 cord of wood.
The wifey is expecting and likes it warmer than I do....so had more fires during October & November than I should have preferred. She's warm and toasty, so Momma's happy as is everyone else. ;)
Besides, it gives me an excuse to scrounge more wood. :)

Same with me, I just finished a cord. Last year I used the minisplit for heat up until mid December and hadn't used any wood yet.

Wow, you've already burned one cord? I don't burn 24/7, probably 60% wood and 40% oil so far this year. I think maybe I've used 75 gallons of oil (if that) and maybe 1/4 cord of wood. During the fall I usually start a fire when I get home from work and put 4-5 splits in and then let it burn out. The house gets too hot otherwise.

I burn almost entirely wood. I've used a quarter tank of oil so far. I've probably used between 1.5 and 2 cords. I have been using the open fireplace a lot as well. In fact I have to shut down the stove after about two weeks of burning today due to ash buildup.

I'm running out of this seasons wood, but I have started to use wood from my big uglies pile and Envi blocks as well. Hopefully get through the winter.

I'm not to a cord yet. This fall was rather mild and I wasn't burning much. Now the bottom dropped out and my stove is going 24/7. It is 3*F in central Indiana as I type this. Normal temps should be mid 30's.

I'll be down to about .8 cord, with 3.2 left in the garage. An emergency cord wrapped in plastic on the driveway.
Colder than usual.

Only used about a 1/3 of a chord so far. Much less than previous years by about half.

Two reasons: Weather has been rather warm till recently, and the new house insulation (which goes to show that money spent on insulation is money well spent).

2/3 of a cord here in RI

just over a cord here.... burning just about 24/7 since mid november.

I burn .01 cord per load, loading up 3-4 times per day.

At this rate, i will go through roughly 4.5 cord by the end of May when the snow finally stops!

About one cord down. Was going good until the last 2 weeks when the cold air sunk it. Supposed to warm back up next 2 weeks

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
I think im close to one 1 cord used also, I have tons more in the driveway so I'm not worried, I say bring it on!!!

Like most responses, cooked off about 1C this season after doing the uglies and punkwood during the very
short shoulder season. Here at the Indiana/ Michigan state line we went almost from t-shirt weather to an Arctic
Zero degree blast in three weeks. Crazy season thus far. Gotta hot box fulla red going right now.

CheapMark

I burn almost entirely wood. I've used a quarter tank of oil so far. I've probably used between 1.5 and 2 cords. I have been using the open fireplace a lot as well. In fact I have to shut down the stove after about two weeks of burning today due to ash buildup.

I'm running out of this seasons wood, but I have started to use wood from my big uglies pile and Envi blocks as well. Hopefully get through the winter.
Man you got a long way to go and your almost out?Hopefully that uglies pile will carry you through.The Envi are useful.You'll need all your guns since central Ma. is colder than Eastern Ma. where I am.

1.5 cord so far using the "softies" hardwood and softwoods: Paper Birch, Red Maple, Spruce, Fir. Winter only just began, 6 CORDS stacked and waiting.
What's a "chord" in Hungary ?:rolleyes:

1-1.5 cord in. Been going since late October. Only used one face of the good stuff so far though.

1/3 cord oak
1/3 cord maple
1/3 cord pine

Reactions: D8Chumley