One last move

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basswidow

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Milton GA
Finally got my wood stacked for the winter. Next move is to the stove. I don't mind the cutting or the splitting. It's all the moving and stacking. Here's a picture of the finished product of my Kozyheat z42. I couldn't match the stone that was removed so we had a mantel installed and match the stone with tile. The whole project was easy and the stove has already saved me it's total cost in it's first year of use.

I scrounged all this wood - and all I've spent is $ 60 for a splitter rental and some gas. Gonna split the rest tomorrow. Some of it may be ready for the end of the season.

Attachments

• ok 044.jpg
    ok 044.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 547
  • ok 054.jpg
    ok 054.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 540
  • ok 052.jpg
    ok 052.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 534
  • ok 046.jpg
    ok 046.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 520
View from my front porch

Attachments

• ok 045.jpg
    ok 045.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 540
  • ok 051.jpg
    ok 051.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 530
Very nice, but if you transported all that wood with that jeep we see in the first picture, then it's understandible why you are a little tired from moving it. ;-)

Thats my little helper. Actually my wife and 10 year old son all pitched in with the stacking.

That's always nice when it becomes a family project. You have done good work basswidow. You'll reap the reward in January for sure.

Hey Basswidow, how do you like that z42? I've had mine for several years now. In fact, I'm sitting in front of it right now with one of my first fires.

Love my Z42. It is the best decision we made. I am so glad I didn't go with an OWB, which would consume twice as much wood. We got by with 4 cords last year. It's visually pleasing and it puts out the heat. I don't think I would enjoy going outside to feed the beast twice a day. It's so nice to go out to the garage or porch and gather up a days wood and enjoy viewing the fire as well as feeling warm. It doesn't smoke either. I've yet to see any visible smoke from the chimney.

My wife put the first fire in it for this year - yesterday. It was so hot up stairs, I was kicking covers off to go to sleep. It's too early for me. Not quite cold enough.

Split all day yesterday 9a-6p with a Iron Oak 24 ton splitter. I think I split roughly 4 cords. Equally half oak and cherry. Gonna stack this for next year. The oak was a found tree that was down and dry for some time. It should be good to go next year.

last year we kept it on the back deck and hated that. Despite using a tarp, it still would get snow and ice on it, and the wind would blow the tarp - regardless of how much weight we put on it. It was right under the master bedroom and I can still hear the wind blowing that tarp and keeping me up. I'd rather broom snow off the car then have to go outside for wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.