Open Fireplace Heat Reflector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Strand III

Nov 20, 2005
NW MI near nowhere
Hello:

I have a friend who owns/operates a B&B with an open wood burning fireplace in the living room. I have been told the open fireplace will not be modified to a fireplace insert, despite the need for more heat, because of the desirable esthetics of the open fireplace.

Recently I came across a three panel SS reflector, that locates behind and to the sides of the fire grate in the firebox. It reportedly increases the radiant heat and "efficiency" of this heat wasting setup.

Anyone with experience have comments?

Arg,
Marty

Reactions: UMainah
Marty S said:
Hello:

I have a friend who owns/operates a B&B with an open wood burning fireplace in the living room. I have been told the open fireplace will not be modified to a fireplace insert, despite the need for more heat, because of the desirable esthetics of the open fireplace.

Recently I came across a three panel SS reflector, that locates behind and to the sides of the fire grate in the firebox. It reportedly increases the radiant heat and "efficiency" of this heat wasting setup.

Anyone with experience have comments?

Arg,
Marty

Hmmmm....I'd guess a few percent added, which considering the low cost is a good deal.

Even better yet might be one of the radiant grates, like the Texas Fireframe.....

I don't believe all their claims, but it very well might help!

Status
Not open for further replies.