Opinions On What i should do for farm house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely check craigslist. You might get lucky and you might not but it's always worth a look.

Looked at CL and it looks like everyone wants $200 for old burn out rusted "boxwood" stoves. Or about $400-$500 for old craft stoves?

Found a Lopi Patriot on CL. The Pic looks like the stove for sale, as it looks like its in the guys house. Looks good in the one small pic. He wants to barter for a cord of seasoned HW (not sure his deffinition) but i dont have a cord of truly seasoned to let go, but do have some "seasoned" cords better than firewood guys sell, 6+ months S,S. Also says he will take $350 for it. Honestly that does not sound bas as it looks new. BUT its over an hour to look at it. And from looking its got a 1.6Cuft box. Thats the size of that first stove i posted a pic of. If you dont think it will work for anything more than a few rooms neither will this stove. and even if i get it for $300 by the time i figure time and that its used i may as well buy the one from NT thats new with a warrenty.

Anybody hve any experience with the patriot?

Bump.

Anyone have any experience with the Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.