Original VC Intrepid (pre-cat) need glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukeman_27016

Jan 31, 2014
Anyone know of a source for the glass windows for the Vermont Castings Intrepid? Web site say no longer available last time i checked. THANKS!

Most glass shops and automotive glass shops can cut pieces of Neoceram or Pyroceram ceramic glass to fit it either with measurements or the pieces of the old glass.

I used a site called www.woodmanspartsplus.com for the glass on my resolute. check it out. I also used a polish compound tat special made for stoves. It removed the real light stuff. But for heavy rust, I would ask someone who's either done it, or is more familiar than myself with cast iron.
Let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.