Orlan 45 with hole in fire box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marketfarmer

Nov 23, 2017
vermont
A friend of a friend has a Orlan 45 boiler they are looking to sell at a super cheap price because it has a hole in the fire box. The hole is suppose to be around 2" in diameter on the side of the chamber. If fixed with a patch is it likely to have other problems caused by running with a hole. I haven't heard the history of the stove but wanted some feedback before wasting any time going to look at it. Thanks.

Last edited:
It can't be run with an open hole - it needs to hold water & pressure.

It's very likely to have other holes appear soon though. I wouldn't even consider looking at it. Well, I might go look if it was free. But wouldn't take it unless it was worth enough in scrap to cover time & effort handling it.