osburn 1600 firebrick placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RRL

Feb 17, 2015
Canada Ontario
Hey guys,

So I finally got around to ordering a few new bricks and the top baffle portion. However something doesn't seem right and I got nothing to base it off of because I bought this used with the bricks removed so it was lighter to move.

I have about 1" of space on the floor of the wood stove as if im missing a part of fire brick or something... but i followed what this diagram showed which says for osburn 1600 37733 and less (mines serial# 18152) the only difference i see in the diagram mine doesnt have is the "legs" and my ash box pull out from the left side and not the front as well as the add on blower and what not....

Osburn-1600-Stove-Parts-Nickel-2.jpg

Heres a few pictures I took.... wondering if anyone here would have a better idea or confirm its normal before I spend $$$$ on a WETT tech to tell me its not right.

In this pictures below... you can see I have about a 1" spacing that is "open" on the floor. it would seem to me this should be covered? but I could be wrong....

4t4cErU.jpg
V4aOYRu.jpg

If I put the bricks so they are flush with the front... i have a 1" gap at the back... which seems even more incorrect.. and looking at the brick diagram... im not missing any bricks..
cG2KBmA.jpg

Thanks in advance!

well Osburn's Tech was extremely quick at replying to emails. said to just follow the diagram he provided me which is the exact same one I posted.

It seems picture one is the correct way to place them and that is tight to the back of the stove...