Osburn stratford II vs Opel 2 (Bonus question T.V. above fireplace doable?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
Good Morning,

We are looking to build a new home in Michigan. We have been using a conventional outdoor boiler for the past 11 years and I'm looking forward to not cutting 15+ full cord a year to feed the beast. We are wanting to go with a zero clearance wood stove for the new build. Curious if anyone has experience with osburn stratford II vs Opel 2. Also, we wanted to hang our t.v. above the fireplace......I've heard mixed things on this, is it doable with a high efficient wood stove like these?

Thanks!

I have an Opel 3 C. It has been a great heater for us. I am heating approximately 2900 sq ft. with it. I have been burning with it since we built our house in 2016. We really enjoy the large door for view of the fire. We did a custom TV cabinet above the fireplace. Essentially, we build the fireplace chase section with all proper clearances and then built out a custom TV cabinet (my wife insisted on being able to hide the tv). So far we haven't had any issues.

Attachments

• fireplace TV cabinet.jpg
    fireplace TV cabinet.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 137
  • fireplace TV cabinet 2.jpg
    fireplace TV cabinet 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 144