Other than Hedge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crater22

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2014
brookville, indiana
What other wood explodes and sparks when poked? Had something glowing this morning and went to break it up with a poker and move the coals around and BAM. I was not Hedge since I have that stored in a special hiding place for use in the upcoming Feb. cold.

Thanks in advance.

Locust. I burned some for the first time last night and had a little fireworks show coming form my insert. It was sure some nice and hot burning wood though. Wish I had more of it.

Locust or mulberry. Burned some small mulberry branches in the fire ring this fall and it looked like a small roman candle fireworks display. I was a little worried for a few minutes.

I've had super dry cherry try to take a couple bites at me after poking it with a poker.

Since hedge mulberry and locust are pretty similar maybe that's why you were getting the fireworks show. I have had pretty good sparks from locust its kind of cool.

Locust, mulberry, will really pop. I can't use hedge too much. I've had it pop out past my fireproof rug, somebody wasn't too happy about it. I guess in a basement it would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.