Ouch!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds a lot like a lesson I learned a while ago... don't grind metal shirtless
Ouch! Been there also. Hot metal filings on bare chest.

Are we talking 100 lb or we talking 10 lbs. Just a guess is what I am looking for. Now my thinking is if its enough to break my foot why in the heck would you lift it in the first place? ;)

Well, why was I handling those 200+ lb logs last winter? But then, I did not plan on letting them fall. Did pinch a finger though. Yes, it hurt.

Reactions: smokinj
I lift nothing anymore if its not a split. I may roll it but that's it.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I'm still marginally young and stupid. Not over the hill (officially) until next year. I was lifting 16" dia x 20" long (100-120 lb.) splits onto the splitter tonight, because I can split faster horizontally.

That said, I'm smarter than it used to be. I noodled the four 30"+ rounds I was going to split, before lifting their quarters onto the splitter. A year ago, I'd have muscled 'em up onto the footplate, vertical style... which is so much harder than it sounds, with 400 lb. rounds.

I'm still marginally young and stupid. Not over the hill (officially) until next year. I was lifting 16" dia x 20" long (100-120 lb.) splits onto the splitter tonight, because I can split faster horizontally.

That said, I'm smarter than it used to be. I noodled the four 30"+ rounds I was going to split, before lifting their quarters onto the splitter. A year ago, I'd have muscled 'em up onto the footplate, vertical style... which is so much harder than it sounds, with 400 lb. rounds.

Hill? What hill? :mad:

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.