Outdoor gas log set

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
I have been thinking about remodeling my patio. I would like to build a masonary wall with a fireplace built into it. We burn wood currently in our firepit but this is a lot of hassle and it burns up my heat source for the following year. My question is: can I put a standard gas log set in this and expect it to function properly? If I bring it in for the winter can I expect it to last very long? Thanks, Jon

Thanks for the response, but I already came up with an awesome gas firepit! It works better than I could have imagined. It only cost about $50 for the total project.

Attachments

• IMG_2626 (1).JPG
    IMG_2626 (1).JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2613 (1).JPG
    IMG_2613 (1).JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 266
AlexaSM said:
I would not begin to put such experiments. Gas - dangerous piece. It is better to consult and to charge with this job the expert.
Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.