Outlet extension cord for blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
To the OP. If you have any questions, feel free to private message me. This thread will be shut down if anyone offers practical advice. Blaze King doesn’t offer an inside wiring kit, but there are a few realistic, real world options...

Reactions: esguardian
To the OP. If you have any questions, feel free to private message me. This thread will be shut down if anyone offers practical advice. Blaze King doesn’t offer an inside wiring kit, but there a few realistic, real world options...
Are you csia certified?

To the op you cannot run an extension cord through the floor either but you could run conduit up to an outlet and pain it to blend in. Or just get the lopi that is hard wired.

Why do you only sell regency?
Because we are not a stove shop we are chimney sweeps who sell some stoves. We dont have a showroom and dont want one so many brands are not an option. We do install lots of other brands bought elsewhere though. Just havnt been asked to do a lopi yet.

All you would need to do is add a plug to the end of the armor flex whip that’s part of the kit.
I would not put an outlet in the fireplace unless there is no other way, running it through the ashdump would be best.
Sounds like a plan if I go with Lopi.

Off topic...any common issues with Lopi, to be aware of?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan if I go with Lopi.

Off topic...any common issues with Lopi, to be aware of?

Reportedly short burn times, cat clogging and premature failure with the hybrid. Otherwise their products are solid.

To the OP. If you have any questions, feel free to private message me. This thread will be shut down if anyone offers practical advice. Blaze King doesn’t offer an inside wiring kit, but there are a few realistic, real world options...
Who the hell are you to decide to "shut down this thread"? Bholler's ID says "staff" and has provided a hell of a lot more "practical" CODE COMPLIANT advice then you appear to know and he isn't threatened by someone else's comments. What does your ID indicate? What is your professional experience....any at all in this business or do you just have a wood stove? And you recommend the OP to ..."feel free to private message me"? Why? Do you have "practical advice" to provide?

We have plenty of guys in this business that will tell someone anything they want to hear regardless of whether it's safe or to code as long as it works. And the homeowner gladly goes along with it because it's easy, cheap and affirms their belief that they had the right idea all along. You have no liability because unless they can prove who you are and have saved all your advice for a lawyer to review, they have no way to prove anything. Those of us who are professionals are smart enough to know what can happen when you cut corners and we don't intend to lose our business or reputation by knowingly advising someone to do something that would cause us to be liable down the road.

Who the hell are you to decide to "shut down this thread"? Bholler's ID says "staff" and has provided a hell of a lot more "practical" CODE COMPLIANT advice then you appear to know and he isn't threatened by someone else's comments. What does your ID indicate? What is your professional experience....any at all in this business or do you just have a wood stove? And you recommend the OP to ..."feel free to private message me"? Why? Do you have "practical advice" to provide?

We have plenty of guys in this business that will tell someone anything they want to hear regardless of whether it's safe or to code as long as it works. And the homeowner gladly goes along with it because it's easy, cheap and affirms their belief that they had the right idea all along. You have no liability because unless they can prove who you are and have saved all your advice for a lawyer to review, they have no way to prove anything. Those of us who are professionals are smart enough to know what can happen when you cut corners and we don't intend to lose our business or reputation by knowingly advising someone to do something that would cause us to be liable down the road.
Geez dude! You need to chill. I never said I’d shut this down, I can’t, you should know that... if people start arguing it gets shut down, that’s all...
No one is suggesting anything unsafe here. Just a possible solution to a situation.

Geez dude! You need to chill. I never said I’d shut this down, I can’t, you should know that... if people start arguing it gets shut down, that’s all...
No one is suggesting anything unsafe here. Just a possible solution to a situation.
Ok, my bad. I read it one way and you obviously did not mean it that way. :oops:

I know this question probably has been asked but couldn't find it anywhere. Is there code for installing a standard electrical outlet in a brick wall? Does there need to be specific distance from the insert or can I install anywhere?

I know this question probably has been asked but couldn't find it anywhere. Is there code for installing a standard electrical outlet in a brick wall? Does there need to be specific distance from the insert or can I install anywhere?

I would assume that it is counted as a combustible so if you meet clearances you're good.

Ok, my bad. I read it one way and you obviously did not mean it that way. :oops:
FWIW, webby is an industry professional and has installed more stoves than he can count. Code is a standard, it doesn't and can't cover all circumstances. That's why there are variances.

FWIW, webby is an industry professional and has installed more stoves than he can count. Code is a standard, it doesn't and can't cover all circumstances. That's why there are variances.
Homeinpa is a long time pro as well. And you are right code doesn't cover all circumstances. But it clearly does in this case.

Yes I already knew that.

Thanks gents.

I appreciate seeing professional dialogue, and some genuine passion for the work, both by the book, and get er done.

I'm in a house that isn't, and can never be, up to modern code (built in the 1700's), but is completely regulated by the local historical society. So, I appreciate the challenges and contradictions involved.

Thanks gents.

I appreciate seeing professional dialogue, and some genuine passion for the work, both by the book, and get er done.

I'm in a house that isn't, and can never be, up to modern code (built in the 1700's), but is completely regulated by the local historical society. So, I appreciate the challenges and contradictions involved.
We work in houses controlled by local historical societies as well as on the national historic registry. And installs can still be done to code in them without compromising historical integrity.

We work in houses controlled by local historical societies as well as on the national historic registry. And installs can still be done to code in them without compromising historical integrity.
What's the code for clearance to ceilings?

My doors are 6', in rubble stone walls. Ceilings are 6'4'. I can't have an insert or stove to code with ceilings my height, regardless of shielding. I have two fireplaces. You see what I mean.

Chimneys are your specialty. I'm pretty sure based upon what you said you'd refuse my install. Six sweeps in my area didn't hesitate.

That is a low ceiling. Some stoves have a tested clearance under 84". And some inspectors will allow a ventilated heat shield to be attached to the ceiling.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000