Overnight burns

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jesepi

Nov 19, 2021
NW Pennsylvania
I am wondering what is the average stove top temperature of your stove during
an overnight burn ? I have a non catalyst stove.
Also, the primary air control located on the top right of my Pleasant Hearth WSL 1800 seems to be abit stiff to slide.
Will this become easier { smoother } to slide over time ? I called the company and the said there is no adjustment to it.
Thanks again all !

It should slide easily. It is designed to never close fully but my PH 2200 slides very easy. Look it over. It could have been hit and bent in shipping . A simple pry with a bar or screwdriver might be all it needs.

I am wondering what is the average stove top temperature of your stove during
an overnight burn ? I have a non catalyst stove.
Also, the primary air control located on the top right of my Pleasant Hearth WSL 1800 seems to be abit stiff to slide.
Will this become easier { smoother } to slide over time ? I called the company and the said there is no adjustment to it.
Thanks again all !
Like snobuilder said the rod could have gotten bent. Or there could be some corrosion. Or welding slag. Check to be sure nothing is bent and if not it will probably smooth out with use