P-38 exhaust motor going ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron stove

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2009
Central CT
Helped my brother install a used P-38 in October. Well, after some real hard use, seems the exhaust fan is making some really strange noises. Almost think the sound of bearings banging around. Diagnosed it by starting it up and the convection wasn't running, and neither the auger.

So, besides a motor, and fan if we cant get the Allen screw out, is there anything else like a gasket or such I need before the drive to the dealer tomorrow ?? Also, this is a older 38, are all the fans and motors the same ? Fair market price $$ ??

Thanks

Harman replacement combustion fan motor 3-21-08639 on Amazon for $101.95 from esesstoves

Harman replacement combustion fan motor 3-21-08639 on Amazon for $101.95 from esesstoves

Really prefer to use my local dealer who has been great with my stove that I bought new and had warranty issue. Cant beat a quality servicing dealer relationship, even if a couple dollars more.

Really prefer to use my local dealer who has been great with my stove that I bought new and had warranty issue. Cant beat a quality servicing dealer relationship, even if a couple dollars more.
You asked for price. Retail if amazon is correct is 149. My local dealer is over 100 miles

You asked for price. Retail if amazon is correct is 149. My local dealer is over 100 miles
100 miles is a bit o driving, well worth the online in that case !

Thanks for the info.

Success !!

Had to CUT the shaft off with the frozen fan blade, but was able to get a motor and fan today, have it installed and back running. He was so shocked at how quiet the stove is now. The old exhaust was louder than the convection fan. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.