P23FS pellet stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brandonjr36

Feb 13, 2020
Joplin missouri
First off I hope I'm posting this in the right area if not I apologize. I have an older P23FS breckwell. My problem is the stove doesn't drop pellets til I manually feed it for about 20 or so minutes then it will finally start dropping them by itself. After it does that it works great but up until that point it's a major pain sitting there having to use the manual feed button to get it to work. Also after turning it off the fan will go into cool down mode like it always has but it never shuts off its been doing this for like 3 years now. I always have to unplug it from the wall after about 3 hours of it being shut off. It use to shut off by itself. Can anyone please help me figure out what the problem is? Thanks for any suggestions!

There were different versions of that stove.Would be best to take a picture of the control panel and post here.