P38 Upgrade help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe B-G

Dec 1, 2012
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I just installed the upgrade kit and it is not working right. In the off position the blowers are running continually and the status light is blinking the 3 blink code. No mater what I try it does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas or experience in troubleshooting this.

check the dip switch for the esp probe #5 off for any color probe other than red

This upgrade kit , what does it include, what do you have to change, and does it upgrade to the new style panel, and you think its worth it???

This upgrade kit , what does it include, what do you have to change, and does it upgrade to the new style panel, and you think its worth it???
The upgrade kit includes everything you need. Yes it does include the new style panel. I love the room sensor. You set the temperature you want and it stays there. With the old style board I was adjusting it. I also like the LEDs. It tells you what is wrong.

The upgrade kit includes everything you need. Yes it does include the new style panel. I love the room sensor. You set the temperature you want and it stays there. With the old style board I was adjusting it. I also like the LEDs. It tells you what is wrong.
My control board broke. My local dealer had the old boards but I am so glade that I got the upgrade kit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.