P61A - auger runs only in test mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AGS

Sep 23, 2017
Vermont
I noticed our pellet stove wasn't heating but I could still hear the fan running. After fiddling with it a bit, I determined that the auger won't run unless it's in test mode. Any ideas before we resort to having someone come? My husband is pretty handy (and patient!) with stuff, so should be able to follow your directions :)

Welcome to the forum. Some one with a
p61A will be along shortly and help you with your
problem

How old is the stove? As the stove is used there is compression of the door gaskets. If no good seal the vacuum switch does not complete the circuit to allow the auger to feed. If you can get to the vacuum switch and are comfortable with electricity you can jumper the switch and see if the auger operates. Also check to see if the external room temp probe is plugged in. That should flash 4 times if it is unplugged when you are trying to start it.
That should start you on trying to figure out whats wrong
Welcome