P61A blower problem Solved.. [Ruff]

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
starting noticing that as I turned up the blower motor on the P61 it sounded very much like
it was off balance.. I Would turn it down or find the "sweet spot" whenever it was quiter.
I always vacuum the blower cage periodically but decided to get a very close up looksee.
seems that all the fins of the cage had a Very thin layer of gobblegook that I never noticed before.
[thought it was just dust]... took a thin screwdriver and scraped a bit and it appeared to be very dried, crusted,
DOG HAIR!! Thank you Karmin and Savannah, our Golden Retrievers.!!!

Took a stiff 1" paint brush and cleaned every single vane in the blower cage Then vacuumed it.
The off balance sound has ceased....

off course everytime I take off either the left or right lower panels,
no matter how carefull I am putting them back, one or the other will viabrate due to barely touching the distributer blower housing and I have to give the panel a wake up tap to quiet it..
[this btw only happens sometime in the middle of the night or when I am not home and the Mrs calls and sez "the stoves making a horrible noise. what did you do to it?"

Glad you got the "ruffness" taken care of! To cure the occasional rattle you have, could you make a couple of clear silicone rtv bumper pads for those two panels by dabbing a couple of corners and using waxed paper on the other mating end so they don't fuse together? Might be able to use self sticking foam but not sure of temps.