P61a shutting down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

greywolf46

Jan 31, 2015
Eastern PA - Lower Bucks
Stove is unexpectedly shutting down. Running in stove mode auto, setting #3 for 10 hours overnight, it shut down early morning as if it ran out of pellets. I usually run it on room temp manual, but had trouble starting it recently on room temp auto. Feed motor would go on and off every couple seconds. So, I switched to stove temp auto and the feed motor stayed on to fill burn pot and ignite pellets. Ran fine overnight then shutdown toward morning. Cold outside 14 degrees.

In auto mode the stove will shut down when the temperature reaches the set point. If you want it to keep running set it to manual.

Well,my best thoughts, clean the control board potentiometers with contact cleaner. Have you had stove apart recently,to clean? If so,check the fines cover is on properly,and check other gaskets.
If you doubt any of this are issues,you could bypass the vacuum switch with a jumper and see what happens.

Well,my best thoughts, clean the control board potentiometers with contact cleaner. Have you had stove apart recently,to clean? If so,check the fines cover is on properly,and check other gaskets.
If you doubt any of this are issues,you could bypass the vacuum switch with a jumper and see what happens.
Just replaced the esp today and cleaned fines box. Cover on correctly. Will check gaskets.

Make sure it’s the same ESP as the original or there will be dip switches involved

It's probably something already mentioned, but could it be the pellets? Someone else had a problem recently burning pellets that were too long and that bridged in the bottom of the hopper. I had a ton of pellets that caused that to happen with my P61a several years ago.