P68 troubles.....turning on and off..please help....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeeslover

Nov 20, 2009
upstate ny
harmon p68.... purchased in 2004..... been having this issue over past month... whenever i accidently run out of pellets the stove does not want to turn back on...when i turn the stove on, it powers on and off constantly...the lights come on, fans come on and then it shuts off...keeps doing it..only way to get the stove up and running is to turn the stove to test, then while in test mode turn dial to on..... i keep it on room temp and auto.... not sure what would cause this... i woke up this morning and the stove was off this morning, but it didnt run out of pellets.... same thing happened, i had to first put on test to get it started.. i dont know what happend today, not sure if stove go plugged up or maybe if room temp got warm enough and shut stove off, but then when it tried to fire back up during the night it gave that error..i did have blinking lights but stupid me forgot to record them.... once again, this has been happeing for past month or so if i run out of pellets the stove will not restart unless i hit test, it turns on and off and on and off until i turn dial to test... in 8 years it has never done this before.. i switched stove this morning to manual so that no chance of stove turning off during night if it reaches tempature... i would like to try to make it till summer with this before i start buying parts.. im not very handy....what would this sound like and what kind of job to fix? stove was cleaned about 2 weeks ago..thank you

Stove was cleaned 2 weeks ago. When was the vent piping and ESP last cleaned?

Also, blink status would help.

Blink status will help with some direction:

From the manual:

FIRE HAS GONE OUT- Check for status light.
1. No fuel in hopper.
2. Draft is too low, blocked flue.
3. Something is restricting fuel flow.
4. Hopper lid not closed properly.
5. Feed motor or combustion blower has failed.

How is your hopper gasket? Make sure it is in tact and no pellets are stuck in it or have damaged it.

Sound like the circuit board needs replaced

Why does your stove run out of pellets all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.