P68 vs Absolute 63

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bigeclipse

Feb 8, 2017
NY
All,
I recently made a post about getting a pellet stove for my 1600sqft house and I was enquiring about P61 vs P68. Well after reading everyones advice it would seem a P61 would be perfect and the P68 would be slight overkill but not a bad thing of course. Well we were looking in the used market but after dealing with some sketchy folks we are thinking we might just go ahead and buy new (big money ouch!). I was dead set on a plain jane P68 but then I came across the absolute 63. I have tried to find reviews but it would seem there are only reviews on the smaller version absolute 43. They appear to be mostly positive though. Most complaints are things like "why pay extra for electronics you might never use and do not need" which I do understand but honestly I think I like some of the features. My concern is on Harman's website they allow you to use filters to try and select a stove. One of the filters is "HEAT" which you can select between high and medium. The confusing part is if you select High you will get the P68, P61, and the XXV but no Absolute 63. The absolute 63 falls under Medium heat. This does not make sense to me as the Absolute 63 makes up to 63,000 BTUs which is more than both the P61 and the XXV. Please enlighten me. Also, any comments, thoughts or concerns are welcome! thank you!

I don't think you will find much yet review wise on the A63 as they are new. I'd say they are just like the A43 except bigger. No idea how Harman is marketing them as a "medium."