Pacific Energy Alderlea T5 and T6 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Into the ash pan.

Yeah I probably worded that wrong..
I see the hole drops in front of ash pan.
(so if drawer is not open it falls onto the trays lip or the ground)
But when the installer came he acted like I should avoid getting ash or coals into that hole.

Since it has interior ash door....guess I thought it was meant for something other than ash.

Thanks for the fast responses!

Sometimes a little ash spills out when you open the door if you had a full load burning or if theres just lots of ash built up in the stove. Or if you're like my wife you will somehow get wood crumbs all over that tray when reloading. I pretty much always leave the ash drawer open enough to be able to use that tray hole.

I have heard about the bun warming feature (ash pan) and have been trying not to use it for ash. I am use to shovel and bucket...
But that hole in front seems dumb.
Some mornings I'll have ash on the door
so as soon as I open door it's like a magnet for that hole..

Like you said.... i should pull out drawer and clean/tinfoil ashpan for bun cooking

Ive had a super 27 for 3 seasons and regularly use ash door and have no problems.
It just make it so much easier in my opinion.

Ive had a super 27 for 3 seasons and regularly use ash door and have no problems.
It just make it so much easier in my opinion.
You're talking about the ash door in the bottom of the fire box? The small ash dump opening isn't a problem? How often do you have to take the pan out, it looked kind of small in the manual...