Pacific Energy Endorsement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPain

Hearth Supporter
Jul 10, 2008
Greetings and Happy New Year.

I have been away from this list for a while, but I thought I would give a quick summary of the last 1.5 years.

I live in an old farm house. We have done a lot of chalking and insulating, but our propane bills were killing us.

With the generous good advice from all of the experts on this list, I purchased a Pacific Energy Medium fireplace insert.
My wife and I agree it was the best purchase we have made, and we have had lots of wood stoves over the years.
The PE insert worked perfect from the first second. We both love sitting around a campfire, and that was the feeling
from our first fire. The glass stays pretty clean considering, so it is like having a real campfire in the living room.
Our old wood stoves had nothing like this - basically when you saw fire in those days, the house was filling with smoke
because the stove door was open. With the PE we never have smoke leak out when loading it.
I have a 25' chimney liner, and with the advice from this board, I made sure to have it insulated. We have perfect draft.
The PE puts out enough to heat our whole house and the only propane we use is for
hot water and our cooking stove. Heck, we cover potatoes with foil and bake them in the PE.

So, THANKS EVERYONE on this board for your good advice.

We disconnected the heating bill from the propane man about 3 years ago with great pleasure and success. Nice to hear that the stove is working out well for you too. Don't you love the potatoes baked this way? We're going to try some eggplant next and make some baba ghanoush.

Yeah, the bakers get a nice meaty skin with the insides light and fluffy, mmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.