Pacific Energy Summit Overdraft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't adjust the R.H. side, only the L.H. side by adjusting the door latch. I've never had trouble with it not sealing on the hinge side, though. I suppose if the hinge side gets sloppy, a new gasket would cure that.
After you had mentioned rivets on on earlier post, I checked ours, and it is held in with miniature carriage bolts, so they could be tightened if they were loose.

It looks like in the older models , like mine they used rivets my Summit is an older model: 1998.

As for my T6 I can see two little bolts holding the EBT in place.

10-cc said:
It looks like in the older models , like mine they used rivets my Summit is an older model: 1998.

As for my T6 I can see two little bolts holding the EBT in place.

You have a Summit AND a T-6? Now I'm jealous!.....:lol:

Mt first Summit was an '03, now I have an '08(stove body replaced under warranty). Both have bolted-on EBT's.
There is a couple of differences between the newer & older stoves.
The newer one has a Cast-iron ash lip with markings "START","H", and "L", while the old one was a tin lip with just H and L on it.
The old firebox had 1/2" NC holes for the pedestal bolts, and the new box has 3/8" studs sticking out of it, so you have to use nuts & washers rather than bolts to attach the pedestal.

The T6 replaced the Summit in my main res. as the Summit was downgraded to the country house replacing the VC..

Honestly I prefer the Summit overall.
Summit:
- Ease of use
- Less of a mess for hashes falling into the door frame as in the T6
- Great hash pan size for my pedestrian model, just pool it and shovel hashes or sweep into it.
(no need of a separate hash container as for the T6 ridicules size)

T6:
- Better looking ;-)
- Even though they say the firebox is the same as the summit, it seem to me more room in it compares to the summit
- Holds more heat for longer time.
- Big mess due to hashes. Hashes cannot be easily be cleaned from the lip. Cast Iron attracts hashes like a magnet.

As for efficiency I cannot tell major differences.

Volà.

10CC, Jimbob has it right.
To adjust the Summit door, you merely bent the latch as needed to tighten or loosen.
I have never had a problem with it being too loose on the hinge side, mine needed adjustment due to it being loose on the latch side.

Thanks Hog,

I will have to do the $ bill check again and see,,

Thanks

if I could get Hash out of my stove...

karri0n said:
if I could get Hash out of my stove...

Careful, it could end up being a gas (producing) stove.. :coolsmirk:

Attachments

• cbh.jpg
    cbh.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 171
Status