Pacific energy super 27 dosent seem to be throwing out a lot of heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3,000 sf is still gonna be a tall order for a basement install.
Of course it may work fine. Depends on the home layout, and how well air moves.
Definitely more firepower than the super.
Hope it works out for you.

Pacific energy summit is up and running. Had basement in mid 80's last night.

The super took about a week before it really started to pump out the heat. So should be able to get to low to mid 90's.

Look into insulating your basement more as well. If I were you, I'd check out hard foam board insulation and leave a small gap between the basement concrete walls. Much more can be found on really good websites like buildingscience.com.

Also I see you mention putting on 4 logs...how full is the firebox? I'll only throw in a small handful of splits if I just need to take the chill out. But this stove likes to be loaded up if you're looking for heat output...at least to the top of the firebricks.

I guess I've never really judged the heat output of the stove by feel, but rather how well it heats the area over time.
Are you sure you're burning dry wood? Maybe try some wood bricks or known-dry wood?

As a new owner of a Summit Insert, I can attest (at least given my short timeframe owning the stove) to the fact that the stove likes to be full. My break in fires were a PITA - just didn't feel like she was "going". Some of that may have been due to wet firebricks, cold stove, etc. However, once I started loaded her up, she really started taking off. As I approach my last air adjustment (about 90% closed), I can barely take a temp reading with my IR gun from a few inches away it's so hot, even more so right in front of the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.