Pacific Energy Super 27 vs. Lopi Endeavor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The installation of your Lopi Endeavor should go smoothly. I'm sure your local shop has competent installers. I don't know if you have done this or not, but it is always good to have a copy of their insurance and workers comp. this indemnities you in case someone gets hurt at your home. If they are not insured, any injuries will be put against your homeowners insurance. At least that is the way it works in NY. In addition, our town required a building permit, and the contractor had to be licensed by our town. It is always good to have a few layers of protection, legally, being you are the homeowner. This is a tricky one, but insurance companies like to be notified upon installation and inspection by the town's fire marshal or other official that performs the inspection to issue a certificate of compliance. Then there are no questions that you are covered in the event of a related incident.

The installers should be neat, work efficiently, and most of all answer any questions you have. Look in the flue opening in the top of the Endeavor before it is installed to see and be shown how the bypass damper works. It gives you a better understanding of that working component. When done, the installers should leave the area as clean as when they arrived.

This is just a guideline for what to look for. It is important to use common sense to protect yourself and home. Learn all you can about maintaining the stove and flue, and use properly seasoned wood. Your stove should come with a moisture meter. Use it. It is an important piece of equipment to determine if the wood you are burning is below 20% moisture. A necessity for today's EPA stoves.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy your new Endeavor, as I have been very happy with mine.

The local stove shop is coming to do the installation for our new Lopi Endeavor this Thursday, 9/19!!!

I am wondering if anyone has any general tips, feedback, comments about the installation process.

Is there any situations or things I should watch for or be asking the installer to make sure the installation is done well?

This will be my very first wood stove! Thanks for your assistance.

I was very happy with my installation crew. Not sure if you got the blower and I don't want to reread the thread. My crew did install the temp sensor for the blower in the wrong place (it still worked). I did not notice it immediately but the Endeavor sensor goes in between the heat shield and the back of the stove.

I was very happy with my installation crew. Not sure if you got the blower and I don't want to reread the thread. My crew did install the temp sensor for the blower in the wrong place (it still worked). I did not notice it immediately but the Endeavor sensor goes in between the heat shield and the back of the stove.

We just installed our blower two days ago. Went last winter without it. My son had gotten it for his Republic 1250 last year and I just needed to have one. At $250 it is too expensive, though. We read the instructions and up the sensor in the right place. Tested it out by heating it with a hair dryer. It is loud, but blows a heck of a lot of air.

I did not get the blower. I thought I would try it out first and see if I want to get the blower later.

This thread continues at a new thread:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ndeavor-install-tomorrow.113967/#post-1527573

Last edited:
That sounds reasonable. It's easy to retrofit.

Status
Not open for further replies.