Pacific Energy Warmland Pellet stove will not light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nickel03

Nov 20, 2017
Canada
I have the PS45 Pacific Energy Warmland Pellet stove and it's given me nothing but hassle, perhaps that's why they're no longer made. We tested the ohm on the ignitor and it seems fine. I even bought a new one. Stove still will not light, so I'm thinking the draft is somehow off. It'll light manually and run mostly fine, but it doesn't seem to burn quite right. Borrowed a magnehelic gauge from a local dealer, brand is bacharach draft-right. The manual says it's supposed to be at .15", but the readings we are getting are -.12. We pushed the damper in all the way and we then get a reading of -.08, this gives a lazy flame. Is the gauge not working correctly or are we missing something? My dad and I are trying to figure it out, because there isn't anyone really to service pellet stoves in my town. Please help hahaha.

There is a separate fuse,on back of control board,for the ignitor.Check for voltage there during start up procedure.You can adjust auger and combustion trim to get better burn.If you have someone local that knows,or fixes enviro stoves,they could help you,they are almost the same,have some same parts.

Combustion motor sounds little weak. Had it out and cleaned? Clean everything from burnpot through the stove to the top of chimney. Clean combustion motor and try your guage again