Paperless Drywall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I was walking around Home Depot tonight and discovered that they carry paperless drywall. I recall a discussion awhile ago about finishing a basement, and I recall reading somewhere that this product is good for basements re: mold, but this is the first time I actually saw it. The packing said it could be used anywhere-it looked pretty good to me. I did not look at price though.

I believe that is a mix between cement board and green board.....
I put some in my bathroom this past fall and I think it was still listed as green board......
A little known fact is that the whole black mold and toxic mold cases are in more modern homes where the paper from drywall promoted mold growth, Ask Mrs GVA she is the insurance Expert :p
Price is about the same as the old green board....

Status
Not open for further replies.