Parlour Keeps Shutting Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mtnxtreme

Jan 22, 2007
When you test it and turn on the fan switch, with or without pellets burning, the fan turns slow and even on clean setting does not speed up. The fan runs for about 10-20 seconds and the unit shuts down and the red flue/overheat light starts flashing. Cleaned all sensors, I disassembled, cleaned both the fan and auger and installed new brushes. I tested them before installing and worked fine. And I still have the same results . I'm thinking either the fan switch or the circuit board this is a 96 vintage stove.

When was the last time the unit had a total cleaning from
air intake to chimney termination?

When was the last time the unit had a total cleaning from
air intake to chimney termination?

Its totally disconnected and i've cleaned it top to bottom, I have 2 other Parlours and you can turn the fan on and switch speeds without even lighting the stove, this one the fan just turns slow and won't change speeds ?

With the fan out and hooked up to an outside power
does it run a full speed?

When was the last time you oiled the bearings or replaced them, if ever?