Parts for Harmon pellet furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lmholmes11

Jul 27, 2014
Northern Michigan
I'm currently using an outside wood boiler, however I am considering switching to a pellet furnace. I found a used Harmon Pellet furnace, with a new auger motor, new blower motor, price is $2,000. Is this a decent deal? Also where can you get parts if needed for them since Harmon doesn't make the furnaces anymore? Thanks guys.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You can still get parts from a Harman dealer. A lot of the parts on the Harman furnaces are interchangeable with the Harman stove parts, and the rest are still available. That’s not a bad deal if it’s in good shape.

Reactions: lmholmes11
Check and make sure that the burn pot doesn't have any bubbles or cracks in it. I have the boiler version and this has been an issue with the boilers.

Thanks guys. So you all think it would do well in my house? I know it's hard to guess because there are a lot of factors. I have a 2200 sf ft main floor, and 2200 sq ft finished basement (which I heat sometimes). Live in a windy area and my windows aren't the best. The one I'm looking at has the 1600, 3 speed blower

I think that you might be alright. Like you said, there are a lot of factors. With it only rated up to 112,000 btu, you may not be able to keep up during the real cold, windy weather. What type of pellets are you planning on burning? You may want to use a little higher btu pellet during the real cold.

You may be surprised on how many pellets you will burn. My PB105 boiler can easily go through over 160# a day during the real cold.

What else are you going to use to heat with? Did you check with your insurance company about an indoor pellet furnace?

I think that you might be alright. Like you said, there are a lot of factors. With it only rated up to 112,000 btu, you may not be able to keep up during the real cold, windy weather. What type of pellets are you planning on burning? You may want to use a little higher btu pellet during the real cold.

You may be surprised on how many pellets you will burn. My PB105 boiler can easily go through over 160# a day during the real cold.

What else are you going to use to heat with? Did you check with your insurance company about an indoor pellet furnace?
Wow, that's a lot of pellets per day. Now I'm rethinking a pellet furnace lol. It would be hardwood pellets. What are you heating with your boiler?

What are you heating with your boiler?
In-floor heat in basement, floor warming in master bathroom, in-floor heat in attached garage, water to air exchanger in forced air furnace, hot water. 3500 sf house and 1400 sf garage. Garage is set to 40*. Just to keep it warm enough to melt snow off of vehicles overnight.

Thanks guys. So you all think it would do well in my house? I know it's hard to guess because there are a lot of factors. I have a 2200 sf ft main floor, and 2200 sq ft finished basement (which I heat sometimes). Live in a windy area and my windows aren't the best. The one I'm looking at has the 1600, 3 speed blower

We live in the U.P. and have a newer home, lots of windows...we use the Harman P68 in our upstairs (the level we live on) which is 2,436 sq. ft. and use our baseboard electric heat in our bedroom only. We installed a P61A Harman in our basement 2 years ago to heat the basement and bedrooms above it and that works great. The basement is 1,910 sq. ft. We love our Harmans and have had no issues. We bought the P68 new and the P61A used.

We installed a P61A Harman in our basement 2 years ago to heat the basement and bedrooms above it and that works great. The basement is 1,910 sq. ft.

It is surprising how much heat radiates upward from the basement. Our kitchen is above the mechanical room in the basement. When I run my pellet boiler, it is very easy to tell that I have the pellet boiler running instead of our propane boiler.