Parts for Laddomat in U.S.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennman

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2009
Southern Tenn
Plumber damaged a seal/gasket on our Laddo 21-100. I Googled Laddomat and Termoventiler and no joy. Hope I don't need to order from Europe.

Thanks in advance

If you haven't already done it, search "gasket high temperature", and quite a few its pop up. Other places to look: the gasket specialty drawer in a hardware store, plumbing supply stores, and as already mentioned, make your own. Does need to be high temperature material though.

This is a valve/pump combo. Aren't the original rubber? It might see 200 degrees or so. That's not so high temperature.

Thanks for the research guys. Fortunately it's only a gasket this time. Yep, we're making a temp replacement. Looks like I need to order parts from Sweden (that's scary). Does appear to be a stocking distributor in the UK.

Velvet, Up North was Brian Crawford's business which apparently closed upon his death. But thanks for the tip on New Horizons. I'll call Zenon. Appreciate the research. I did a lot of googling and New Horizons never popped up.

Lots of happy Laddo users. You'd think the Laddo folks would have fixed distribution by now. It is an impressive device.

I don't suppose an ordinary circ pump/flange gasket set would fit?

They look like they're rubber, so should be able to make something from some rubber gasket material. Or something automotive based.

Probably is something ordinary, but don't have any local pump suppliers to go and compare. We'll see what Zenon says. Thx

FYI to Laddo owners. Zenon is not a Laddo distributor presently. He's talking to Termoventiler but no arrangement at this time. I'll probably drop a line to Termoventiler and post here their recommendations.

Which gasket is it? you can work with an O ring in the half union parts. not ideal but they work fine.
If it's the pump body, it will swap out with either a wilo or Grundfos, I can't remember which.

Thanks Karl. It was one of the small, thin gaskets between ball valve and the loading unit body. I guess that's what's called a half union. I like the o-ring idea because cutting a gasket that small would be difficult. Will tell the plumber. Thx

I could also get you a fibre gasket, but at much more cost and inconvenience than the hardware store for an O ring.

For any of you looking at installing a device similar to the Laddo, I would highly recommend going with the Caleffi unit.
They have decent distribution here in the states and you will be able to get parts when needed.

http://www.caleffi.com/usa/en-us/ca...circulation-and-distribution-unit-npt-281165a

The only thing I don't like about this unit is the flow rate. (10GPM)
For nearly all residential applications under 160-170,000 btu (50KW) it is fine but it's a bit on the light side for commercial sized boilers.

Mark at ahona I believe is going to be the new distributor of laddomat 21-100's if I'm not mistaken. It might not help now, but may in the future.

Erin

For any of you looking at installing a device similar to the Laddo, I would highly recommend going with the Caleffi unit.
They have decent distribution here in the states and you will be able to get parts when needed.

http://www.caleffi.com/usa/en-us/ca...circulation-and-distribution-unit-npt-281165a

The only thing I don't like about this unit is the flow rate. (10GPM)
For nearly all residential applications under 160-170,000 btu (50KW) it is fine but it's a bit on the light side for commercial sized boilers.
I'll agree,
I use the laddomats where necessary, but I have yet to be disappointed by a Caleffi product. I haven't used them all, but for odd hydronic applications, especially for the odd european equipment I use regularly, they're hard to beat.

karl

Thanks for the research guys. Fortunately it's only a gasket this time. Yep, we're making a temp replacement. Looks like I need to order parts from Sweden (that's scary). Does appear to be a stocking distributor in the UK.

Velvet, Up North was Brian Crawford's business which apparently closed upon his death. But thanks for the tip on New Horizons. I'll call Zenon. Appreciate the research. I did a lot of googling and New Horizons never popped up.

Lots of happy Laddo users. You'd think the Laddo folks would have fixed distribution by now. It is an impressive device.

Watts GB-E gasket kit for dieletric unions
Work well
Been in operation for two years now

Of course this is for the 21-100 and are 1 1/2"
Im sure there is a 1 1/4" version for the 21-60

Best regards

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 154
Thx NP. I also have a 21-100. Pretty sure they have 1 1/4" unions. Should be able to get that gasket local.

Status
Not open for further replies.