PDVC 25 over feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jigger

Burning Hunk
Jan 1, 2014
Wareham,Ma.
I have a PDVC 25 that is a 2005 year model. The stove has given me amazing service through the years. The only things I have replaced in all those years is 1 upper auger motors, 1 exhaust blower, and 1 room convection motor. The gate in the hopper is set at 3/4 of an inch.But recently it has developed a problem even with the lower feed set at 1 and the upper set at 1 it continues to feed massive amounts of pellets into the burn pot. I use to be able to hear the auger motor cycling on and off but not now. Don't know if there is a reset I can do or if my mother board might have given up the ship.

I have a 2003 25pdvc and it didn't have a restrictor plate. It has been over feeding also with a setting of 1-5-1 across bottom
and heat range set at 1.
So yesterday I fabricated a restrictor plate out of stainless steel, to cover 1/2 of opening and slope downward.
Now my settings are 5-5-1 and slowly increased heat range up to #4. It's a comfortable 79 degrees in stove room and keeping other 3 rooms at 65 degrees.
This is just to say that the restrictor plate makes a huge difference.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I have a 2003 25pdvc and it didn't have a restrictor plate. It has been over feeding also with a setting of 1-5-1 across bottom
and heat range set at 1.
So yesterday I fabricated a restrictor plate out of stainless steel, to cover 1/2 of opening and slope downward.
Now my settings are 5-5-1 and slowly increased heat range up to #4. It's a comfortable 79 degrees in stove room and keeping other 3 rooms at 65 degrees.
This is just to say that the restrictor plate makes a huge difference.
Having a similar issue and would hate to think its the control board, its only a 4 year old stove,I however have the factory restrictor plate, can you post a pic of how tight you closed yours? Just got it a few weeks ago max burn time was 12 hours on heat setting too, working on getting rid of the hardened black ash build up the new seals should be in this weekend.